Liquor Authority Requests

The New York State Liquor Authority requires that activities held in areas on campus other than Wick Center must obtain a liquor license prior to the event. Departments requesting a liquor license must submit notice on a purchase requisition form to the business office one month in advance of the event. Requests must be signed by a department chair, VP, or dean. The following information must be included in the request:

  • Sponsoring department or club name
  • Date of event
  • Beginning and ending times of event
  • Location of the event (ie., Duns Scotus Room 102)
  • Map of location site (already on file for DS, VPAC, Rosary, CILS, AWC)
  • Complete menu, including all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to be served
  • Estimated number of people expected
  • Account number to be charged $48 per date for the license

Departments electing to sponsor on-campus events in which alcohol is to be served must purchase that alcohol through Daemen Dining (Hallmark Management Services). Daemen Dining will provide a bartender to oversee appropriate distribution of alcoholic beverages. Alcoholic beverages distributed by anyone other than representatives of Daemen Dining is strictly prohibited.

The business office will strive to accommodate all requests. However, there are no guarantees that requests submitted late (without a one-month advance notice) will be processed.

The liquor license is not typically received until the week of the event. All parties will be notified by the business office when the license has been received.

Under no circumstances will alcoholic beverages be served, except in Wick Center, without a Liquor Authority Permit.