Guides and Resources
- BudgetPak End User Getting Started Guide – Budgeting and Reporting v3
- How to Access/View Budget Information in Self-Service
- myXL Reference Manual
- Budget by Line Item Detail
- Video Lesson: How to Enter Your Budget in BudgetPak
- Video Lesson: Copying Line Item Detail
- Video Lesson: Importing Budget Line Detail
- Video Lesson: Overview of Navigation and Reporting
- Adding a new hire
- Entering an employee termination
BudgetPak is a stand-alone software and does not utilize single sign on with Daemen credentials. If you are having difficulty logging in or need a password reset, please email email@example.com
You can access the software here:
Daemen now uses the online xLerant BudgetPak system for the budget process which increases the ability to document budget requests and tie to the Strategic Plan all within one system.
BudgetPak contains historical data for each account and can be used in conjunction with Service Budget to Actual to provide comprehensive account detail for budget preparation.
Daemen will again be using BudgetPak for the development of our 2023-24 operating budget. Capital requests are to be included with the operating “asks” for departmental needs.
For 2023-2024 Budget Cycle, these are critical dates:
- Late January 2023: Update 2022-23 Working Budget with Spring 2023 data including updated personnel starting file.
- Early February 2023: Completion of revenue assumptions for 2023-24 (Working with Enrollment and Institutional Advancement Offices).
- February 10: BudgetPak opens for 2023-24 budget process. (Revenue assumptions booked, payroll detail updated through Jan 31)
- February 13-24: Enter budgets in BudgetPak for VP review (Suggested input date, may be done as per your VP request to meet their deadline of 3/1); Review budgets with your VP (This may be done sooner, of course)
- March 1-15: VPBA office working with other Cabinet members to review BudgetPak projections to create balanced operating budget.
- March 21 or 28 (TBD): Cabinet Budget Retreat (all day)
- April 6 or 11 (TBD): Cabinet Budget Reconciliation Meeting (9am-12pm)
- Week of April 10: Preliminary 2023-24 Budget approved by the President
- May 23: Budget sent to Business Affairs committee for review prior to Board of Trustees meeting
- June 6 or 13: Preliminary 2023-24 Budget presented to Board of Trustees
- September: Definitive 2023-24 Budget presented to BOT
All documentation and clarification should be done in the BudgetPak system using notes and attachments as necessary.
Line item detail should be used for as many budget accounts as possible. If this is not an appropriate allocation method, please use the notes section for further detail. This level of detail will aid in proper budgeting and matching throughout the year. See Line Item detail information in the guides/reference section.
ActionPaks are encouraged for each event or special program/activity to aid in quick budget adjustments. See ActionPak info in the guides/reference section.
Any questions about BudgetPak use or login should be directed to the Office of Business Affairs.